Civil Protection and Emergency Situations Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Moldova
National Programme Chair: Anatol Viniciuc Colonel, Deputy Chief of the General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations.
National Focal Point: Serghei Puiu lt. colonel, Head of Planning and Monitoring Division of the General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations.
The working body of the government in civil protection is the Civil Protection
and Emergency Situations Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
The basic tasks of Moldovan civil protection are:
- To protect the population and property in the event of emergencies
- To coordinate the activities of ministries, departments, public authorities
in the area of civil protection
- To train and prepare the population to be able to cope with disasters
- To carry out disaster response, including search and rescue
- To mitigate the consequences of natural and man-made disasters.
Civil Protection in the administrative territorial entities (ATE), cities, towns and
villages are carried out by the heads of respective local public administration. The
Civil Protection and Emergency Situations Service is represented in the ATEs by
Directorates/Sections for Emergency Situations, as well as Civil Protection
specialists who carry out assigned tasks and measures in their territories. Civil
Protection forces include the search and rescue units of the Civil Protection and
Emergency Situations Service, the fire protection and rescue service, and
specialized teams from the ministries, state agencies, institutions and enterprises.