Another year has come to an end and the PPRD East 3 team would like to take the opportunity to thank all partners for an eventful and successful year of implementation. The decline of the global COVID-19 pandemic has enabled us to finally meet in person again, a much awaited development, which has reinforced the partnership building within the programme with a more personal touch. It has been wonderful to see the engagement from all participants taken part in different trainings and workshops throughout the year, and it has been particularly heartening to see our friends from Ukraine taking part in some of the activities as well.
We would like to highlight some of the successful collaborations and achievements within PPRD East 3 over the past year:
- Finalization of Regional Disaster Risk Assessment Guidelines, with the intention to propose a consistent approach for disaster risk assessment.
- Assisting in the immediate crisis deriving from the conflict in Ukraine, the programme supports the humanitarian operations with impact-based forecasting data through a daily issued bulletin.
- Execution of the Trainers of Trainers programme, the Emergency Preparedness Training and the UCPM Basic and Operational courses, with great results.
- Participation of all partner countries in the EU Civil Protection Forum in Brussels.
- Several national-level TAMs and Workshops executed.
- Strengthened local presence with the Team Leader Peter Glerum permanently deployed to Tbilisi and the recruitment of our Local Coordinators in Georgia, Armenia, Moldova and soon also in Azerbaijan.
The coming year is expected to be even richer in activities, not least with the Regional Full-scale Exercise (FSX) coming up in June 2023. It will be an exciting event and the planning is in full swing with the Emergency Management Service of Georgia and the execution team. On behalf of the PPRD East 3 Consortium, we want to thank you sincerely for your efforts to support our programme activities and invest trust in us which underpins strong results and continuing success.
We wish you a prosperous and joyous New Year, and we look forward to working closely together in 2023!
Hanna Norell, Matilda Axelsson & Jessica Forsman
On behalf of the PPRD East 3 Team