Regional Workshop on Disaster Risk Assessment
16-17 December, we held an online regional workshop on Disaster Risk Assessment within the programme’s priority for Regional Coordination Mechanism and Standardisation.
The objectives of the workshop included:
- Presentation of existing good practices on the development of National Disaster Risk Assessment in European countries
- Introduction of the development process for Disaster Risk Assessment guidelines at regional level
- Familiarisation with common steps, values and criteria that must be observed by the DRA Regional Expert Network, in preparation of the Regional Disaster Risk Assessment guidelines.
- Practical exercises on development of preliminary and full risk-scenarios and selection of the priority risks during the interactive sessions.
- Familiarisation with the templates and requested information for DRA.
We were happy to receive positive feedbacks from the participants, who acknowledged that the objectives of the workshop were successfully achieved. The participants were specialists from Civil Protection authorities, scientific institutions and state agencies in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
We are looking forward to the second Regional Workshop on Disaster Risk Assessment, which will be held 25-26 January in Tbilisi, Georgia.